INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONNECTING TO YOUR MMS DEDICATED VIRTUAL MACHINE
A Dedicated Virtual Machine (VM) is a simulation of a MMS Computer that can be accessed and utilized from anywhere. A VM allows you to access to all network drives, systems, Outlook, and MDOC just as you would if you were in the office connected to the MMS Network.
While logged in to your VM, you can minimize the VM at any time to return to your regular computer and log on and off just like normal. It is best practice to log-off the VM at the end of your work day.
Please keep the following information available for reference if you experience any issues accessing the VM or MMS systems:
IT Support Website: https://support.mmsholdings.com
IT Support Email: email@example.com
MMS Web Mail: https://mail15.mmsholdings.com
- Your MMS User Name: mmsholdings\user name
- Your MMS Password
There are two main methods for accessing your VM, please click the preferred link below.
Access via Web Browser
- Open the following link in a browser: https://slmmsholdings.horizon.vmware.com
2. Log in with your MMS username and password
3. Make sure Blast is selected in Protocol and click on the Desktop link
4. You will see your VM icon, double click to launch
5. When you are finished with your session right-click on the
Start Menu > Shutdown or sign out > Sign out
6. Lastly, click Logout in the upper right corner of the VMware system browser page
ACCESS VIA INSTALLATION OF VIRTUAL MACHINE
1. This method will install the VMware Horizon Client program on your computer (if you have a MMS laptop, please create an IT Ticket to get this installed).
2. Open the following link in a browser: https://slmmsholdings.horizon.vmware.com
3. Log in with your MMS username and password
4. Click Download Clients
5. Click Download VMware Horizon PCoIP Clients
6. Click Go To Downloads based on your operating system
7. Once selected, click Download
8. Click Run
9. Click Next with default options till you reach Install click on install and “Finish” later
10. Restart your computer to complete the installation
11. Once you have restarted and logged into your computer, make sure you are NOT logged in to VPN and click on your Start Menu > All Programs > VMware. Now you can Right Click on VMware Horizon Client and create a shortcut on your desktop or pin to your taskbar or start menu if desired.
12. Double click on VMware Horizon Client
13. Double click on this image
14. Enter your username and password with the Domain = MMSHOLDINGS
15. Double click on your VM
16. You can now access email, all network drives, and MDOC just like if you were in the office.
17. When you are finished working, choose Disconnect and Log off from the Options Menu.